There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Wednesday 6 February 2013

A proud moment

I stopped somebody from cutting yesterday. They were feeling low and threatening to self harm so I got them to externalise all that negative energy rather than turn it on themselves. It actually seemed to work, but as my other friend has said, I have to make sure that I inforce that rule. It felt good to help them though. I went through this massive block of not really being able to help people with problems because I was scared of making things worse for them, but then I realised that there's no way I can do that. I've been through self harm myself and out the other side - and my experience gives me the antidote necessary to help others. I've been thinking about cutting again myself, but I've managed to stop myself. I've seen what stuff like that, what that kind of truth does to GuyImetatparty, who is always helping people like that, and I've gained a greater understanding of how that effects me. Plus, cutting would be a step backwards. I don't want to go back to where I was three and a half years ago. So that stops me. And now I use that to help other people. It really seems to work.

Short entry today as I literally have one minute to finish this before I go get ready for college. Wilson goes into surgery today. Wish him luck bros.
Peace
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment