There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Monday 27 May 2013

MCM Expo, London

Getting to meet Alex Day, Chris Kendall and Jack & Dean has to be one of the best experiences of my life. Like, these people I have been watching for years; these people inspired me to start my own YouTube channel, which really has been my saving grace over the past few years, these people are the first of a new generation where the internet rules the airwaves and gives birth to incredible new talent.

That's right, I went to Comic Con this May, just like I did last October. Originally I wasn't going to go; I woke up on the Friday exhausted and not feeling amazingly well, and as a result I feel my English Language exam may have somewhat suffered, but I braved the horrid weather and travelled up to London with my brother.

We were more there to just look around, buy some stuff and maybe go say hi to Alex Day, who I knew for a fact was definitely there. However, it turned out that Chris Kendall (Crabstickz) was also there, and we actually bumped into him as we wandered round. I did call out hello to him but he was busy with some other friends, so I felt like I didn't want to hover round him like some really annoying fangirl. By this point I was already bright red in the fact and freaking out, but it got even better when we walked past the stand where Jack and Dean were both selling merch. After wandering around for a little time more we finally found the Lifescouts desk, and that's when I saw Alex Day.

There are no words for how it felt to see somebody that I've been following since he reached his first 100,000 subscribers suddenly appear in front of me.

Anyway, we had a quick conversation when I picked a lifescouts badge at random (the event on the badge I would then have to go and do) and I picked guitar, which I already play - Alex telling me that I didn't have to pick another, but that I'd won 'the magic prize' (still waiting on said prize, Alex!) and then I got them all to wave for the camera and after that I ran away and decided not to bother any of them again.

But either way it was an amazing day and I was so glad to have gone. I feel inspired and ready to create more content - maybe the next time I'll see them it'll be as co-workers on YouTube rather than just fan and creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment