There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Sunday 4 September 2011

In which I experience my first robotic massage.

I went shopping in town with my brother yesterday for school supplies. We figured that there would be virtually nobody around on a late Saturday afternoon when most schools don't start back until either next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - but alas we were wrong. Which begs the question - what exactly are all these people doing in the run up to school in the early days of next week? It'll all take on the appearance of an anticlimax now that school supplies have been bought, hair has been cut, new cold leather shoots fitted to small feet and scuffy, smaller ones thrown away. Either way WHSmith's was heaving on that late Saturday afternoon, mainly with small, screaming children whose desires for this that and the other were mingling with the anxieties and the sadness of watching the summer of 2011 die around them like the last embers of what was a simply glorious bonfire. Distressed looking parents crowded round the huge box which held all the sale items in, but my brother and I managed to fight our way through to take our own pick. There's a reason why half these items were for sale - mainly because they either only apply to a certain area of the back-to-school market (e.g. you're not going to see any primary school kids with biros and holepunchers now, are you?) or that they're pretty cheap anyway, meaning that not much has really been slashed off the price tag at all. My brother did grab a pad on our quick journey to the box though, before plunging into the aisles to seek out the things I needed.

The exciting trip into WHSmiths left me walking away with a pack of black biros, some pink mechanical pencils, a pink ruler/triangle thingy/protractor set and a pink rubber. It's a shame I'm not actually that fond of pink, isn't it? Then again, in my defence, I wasn't really concentrating, more rubbing my now-aching head with one hand as the cries of at least ten small children rose up around me and grabbing things absent-mindedly with the other. I also bought myself a new pencil case - a small, cylindrical like thing with 'I LOVE NEW YORK' written on the front, a similar tag tethered onto the side. I've never actually been to New York. But I suppose it makes me look slightly cultured so I can't complain.

While we were there, I also bought the second book in the 'Hunger Games' trilogy. I'm making my way through the series and hope to finish them before I go back to school on Wednesday, so if I buy the third one tomorrow I'll  be home and dry with hours to spare. We had some time to kill before the bus home arrived so we wandered round the shopping centre for a while, finally encountering the massage chairs that lie on the top floor on one side. Having never been on them before, we decided to try them out, as there's always a first time for everything. What followed were a lot of probably very inappropriate noises, judging by the looks children (probably the same ones we encountered in Smith's, no less) and adults alike were casting us as they walked by. It was easily the weirdest and perhaps the most uncomfortable three minutes of my life, but I did walk away with my back feeling a little stronger than it normally does.

Just before we got the bus home my brother and I bought some pick 'n mix, which I have had waaay too much of recently. Seriously. Within the past week I've been running around various towns so often that I've had pick 'n mix about three to four times. Which leads to today's question - yeah, I'm doing blog questions. Even if no-one answers, they're still fun for me to think of.
What is your favourite pick 'n mix sweet and why?


Mine is probably those milk bottles which you most commonly find in Haribo Super Mix. I absolutely adore them <3 but I also love gummy strawberries, jazzies (which are like disks of chocolate covered in rainbow sprinkles), chocolate peanuts and strawberry bonbons.

That's it for now. I hope everybody has had a lovely weekend!
Suki/The Nemo Author

No comments:

Post a Comment