There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Wednesday 14 September 2011

In which I fail to think of a witty title

I'm so tired. So, so tired. School is so difficult already and we're only a week in! I haven't written in a while so this post is probably gonna be pretty long but oh well. I have twenty minutes to do it in before I have to plunge myself into Thursday's excitement so here goes...

Retakes
For some reason a lot of people in my set did quite badly in our core science modules (we're using the AQA exam board for this). These are my results:
These are my results:
B1a - B - 38 UMS points
B1b - A - 40 UMS points
C1a - B - 36 UMS points
C1b - A - 42 UMS points
P1a - B - 39 UMS points
P1b - A* - 47 UMS points

A couple of days ago my Biology and Chemistry teachers asked me if I wanted to retake the 1a papers. I said no to both of them because I'm quite content with my Bs and I think they're good enough. When I said this to my Biology teacher he said, "They're not good enough... for you." I told him I'd retake the 1a paper though, I guess it's worth a shot. I'm not going to retake the Chemistry 1a though. We have them at the same time as our mocks in November and there's only so much you can revise for at once. Plus I have the school play, which I'll talk about now.

School play
I auditioned for the school play for a couple of our friends (as GCSE Drama students, it's strongly advised that we do it) and I thought it went really well. Instead, us Year 11s all got the part of pubgoers. In fairness I suppose it's a good thing, as it gives us less to worry about when it comes to doing homework and revising for mocks. But I did really want a good part seeing as it's my final year there. Ah well, you can't have everything that you want.

French oral
I have a French oral examination coming up in October, and I'm terrified. I suck at talking in French - I can read and write it fine, but I literally CANNOT think on my feet like that and come out with a load of good vocab. We had a practise a couple days ago which went... interestingly to say the least, but I definitely wasn't the worst in the class so I guess that's one good thing.

I actually think I'm one of the only people in the year who is actually keeping up with their homework. Left and right there's people doing it before class or before school has even started, doing it in the lessons, trying to make up witty excuses for why they haven't done it... And I probably do a lot more extra stuff than they do. My week looks like this:
Monday - French media club/Rehearsal
Tuesday - Rehearsal/free
Wednesday - French tutoring
Thursday - Band practice
Friday - Free

I guess I'm just really self-motivated.

D of E soon, aaahhh! We started planning our routes yesterday, it looks like it could be quite difficult and complicated, but hopefully we'll manage. Our practice expedition was a total disaster, so I really hope that it's easier this time.

I finished this post in ten minutes. Boo yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment