There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Sunday 25 September 2011

In which I make too many promises

I realise that it's been more than a week since I last posted. Once again Year 11 has become even busier, and I've already found myself weighed down by homework and revision. I've decided that I'm not going to start revising for my Biology retake until October by the earliest, but a lot of teachers like us to start going over stuff now (in preparation for mocks and, ultimately, study leave in May). This is why I have my Chemistry textbook open now in front of me on page 114 - the beginnings of Additional Chemistry, where a double page spread on atomic structure grins back at me. It'll be nice to get it all in my head again. We're currently studying electrolysis about 70 pages on from that, and things are becoming pretty confusing seeing as I don't remember the basics of things like Ionic bonding.

Our teachers would like us to be studying every night but my parents and I both agree that this is not needed and will only tire me out. I get home from school at 4 o'clock on a normal day, apart from Mondays when I have French Media club (in which I get home at 5:30 or thereabouts), or Wednesdays when I have band practise and then extra French tutoring (7pm normally). Sometimes I don't get home 'till about 5 on Tuesdays because my mum has to come and pick me up from her college. After that I have to do my homework and then make myself dinner, which keeps me busy 'till about 8 or 9, when by then my mind is already starting to drift off into a secluded state of unconsciousness, so anything academic or rigorous I try to do then just fails completely. So therefore I've decided I'm going to do a little review in each subject at the weekend. Two hours per Saturday and Sunday isn't bad I don't think.

Anyways, the reason for the title of this journal post is because it's getting up to the time when I'm supposed to start choosing A-Levels (if I even make it that far!) Teachers have already started scouting round for who  they think should be doing their subject as an A-Level... and sadly they've all zoned in on me. I've now accidentally promised various teachers that I'm going to do English Language, English Literature, Drama, Biology, Maths and French for A-Level. In theory I actually only want to do three of those six. My options are: English Language, English Literature, French, History, Psychology and maybe something like Philosophy or Classical Civilisation. Hmm, A-Level options evening should be... interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment