There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Saturday 22 September 2012

Of drunk workmates and kidnapped rabbits

I had work today. I work in my local pharmacy every Saturday from 9 till 5. At first I hated it - there was so much to remember, and it's not a kind of job where you can afford to make mistakes, from fetching the right prescriptions to giving the right advice and charging the right amount of money for medication - but now, I actually really enjoy it. In a time where my life is brimming with change, from starting a new school to making new friends, it's a breath of familiarity in a very unfamiliar world. I like helping people out too :) it gives me a really satisfied feeling when I figure out what product will be best for a customer, and they give me that wonderful, thankful smile :)

So today I went to work at the usual time. However, when I got there, I noticed that my coworker seemed very tired and unlike herself - it was only a matter of time before I found out that she'd been partying hard last night, and as a result had come to work half drunk, half hung over. This was quite an awkward position to be in. Didn't help that not many people came in so the morning dragged, and also one of our coworkers was away so there was only four of us: two dispensing, two dealing with customers. I thought she was going to go home at one point, but thankfully she stuck it out :D

We also found a secret compartment below the counter that we'd never seen before. When we opened it, we found a toy rabbit lying inside, with a post-it note saying "please rescue me" sitting on top. All my coworkers thought this both slightly disturbing, but overall completely hilarious. We decided to take this joke even further, sticking a piece of paper with a tally chart written on it next to the toy and strapping its arms up to the side. There weren't many customers all day so we had a lot of time to kill haha :P

There was one slightly weird moment though - I was walking back to work after lunch when I saw two butterflies, playing and dancing in midair. They pirhouetted towards the road, and I watched them as I passed, smiling slightly. I love watching animal nature in such a raw, untouched way - it proves love exists, even in the tiniest of creatures. Natural energy is all around us; we just have to know where to look. Anyway, they fluttered into the road, where of course, the inevitable happened. Unfortunately the car knocked both of them out of the air. One of them was able to get up, but the other was on its side, flapping its wings fearfully. The strange instinct to rush into the world and save it gripped me - but unfortunately, fate ran its course and another car went by. I turned away after that. The worst part was watching the other butterfly flutter round its mate until it too realised it was too late.

Since then I've been home alone; my parents are in London somewhere and so I've been left dogsitting. It's been pretty good though - I heated up some leftovers and I'm curled up on the sofa with the dog watching Doctor Who. After this I'm gonna make coffee and either watch the Avengers or maybe do some homework :) I have a Linguistic analysis and then an essay on Tennyson's Lady of Shallot poem for Lit. :)

Going to visit my brother at university tomorrow, should be nice!! :D

Peace!
Rach



No comments:

Post a Comment