There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Friday 28 September 2012

Triple English

I totally forgot to write yesterday - which is justifiable seeing as I didn't actually get in until half eleven last night, and then I had to go in to college to double check that I could drop Pre-U. Yesterday was pretty fun - we spent most of second period performing a quiet medley of loads of random songs, most of which I didn't know because they were from the 60s and 70s and stuff, but it was still fun. I have a friend who can do a really good Tenacious D impression which is pretty awesome :') normally Thursday is pizza day, but it was pouring with rain (again) and none of us wanted to go out so we stayed in.

I had triple English after this. Triple English I tell you. I bet you can't think of anything worse haha :P I had an hour of Language and then two hours of Literature, with 40 minutes of a breaktime in between. It wasn't too bad though - in Language all we really did was analyse a film review, but Literature was much harder work. By the end of the day I was exhausted, but pottered off to the train station and found my way into town to meet up with my friends from outside college. I love these guys so much - they're the handful of friends I have who I can totally and 100% be myself around. Like, I can say anything and they won't mind at all, it's awesome :) We saw Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX, and then went to Pizza Hut. I'd never seen ROTLA before, and it wasn't completely my thing, but it was still really cool. The service at Pizza Hut was absolutely terrible though - the waiter kept forgetting about us. We actually had to go up and directly ask for cutlery when everybody else around us was given some, we also had to ask if we could pay the bill and if we could have a card machine, too :/ They wouldn't even let my friend get a discount when she works at the Pizza Hut takeaway branch just across the road. But the food was pretty good :)

So this morning, I blearily-eyed forced myself onto a bus at 8:30 in the morning and then off again once we got to college, before putting my points across to a supervisor about why I wanted to drop Pre-U. She first of all suggested that I should drop Psychology and do Lit, Lang, French and Pre-U, but that didn't seem to make much sense to me, doing 3 A-levels and then an extended diploma thing. I managed to convince her to let me drop Pre-U though, and she graciously accepted my decision. I'm just worried about the workload, 'tis all. I'd rather get my A-levels than worry about learning skills for uni now - and it's more or less essay writing and presentations, which isn't the main focus of Modern Languages, which is my strength. Afterwards I got back onto another bus, and well, here I am.

I'm meeting up with college friends in an hour. No idea what we're doing, but I'll probably write a post later on :D
Peace!
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment