There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Monday 24 September 2012

Tango'ed.

Getting up this morning was so hard. It's officially Autumn, which means that the nights are slowly beginning to get longer, darker, more unpleasant. I was roused by the sound of my phone's alarm at a wonderful 6 o'clock in the morning today, and sat, shivering in my bed, for a good 15 minutes before finally dragging myself downstairs.

First obstacle of the week: a concerning lack of coffee in the house. I emptied what little granules were left and tried to compensate by using a smaller mug. Didn't work. I was briefly roused by a brisk walk to the bus stop, although the strange warmth and wet weather didn't particularly help, especially as the bus heaters were blazing and the traffic was slow. Seriously. We crawled along at an agonising pace through Monday morning traffic today. I've never seen it that bad before. I suppose the wet weather didn't really help - but seriously.

It started to rain during my first lessons of the day - double Psychology, aka two hours of it. After one hour, I briefly left the classroom with my friend to grab a cappuccino from the common room, which helped me feel a little better. After another hour of learning about Bowlby's evolutionary theory of attachment, it was break time, so I topped up my sugar levels, now feeling a little more ready for the day. My friend and I always have such a great laugh during Psychology, so I approached Pre-U with enthusiasm. Unfortunately, there's very little ways in which Pre-U can be considered to be fun - and by this point, it was tipping it down outside. The sound of the rain pounding the roof above us was a little comforting, but the general murk of the day leaked into the classroom, dampening everybody's moods slightly. This was worsened when we were set an essay on whether we could say that the sporting ethos of the Olympics was fair. Everybody else seemed to have an opinion on this, but as one of those maverick teenagers who avoids anything and everything popular or mainstream, I realised I had no opinion or fact to base my essay off of. So yeah, that was a great essay in the end.

Thankfully after this, I had a free, which I spent with two of my guy friends in the common room. Insert more caffeine here, this time in the place of a diet pepsi, as well as a chicken sandwich from the canteen, seeing as it's about 12:30 by this point. I have to say, I do love these two guy friends in question. One of them is just so easy to talk to it's unbelievable, whereas the other one, like me, loves YouTube and actually makes videos himself. They're both guys who can really keep the conversation going, which is certainly refreshing to see, compared to my old school, where any conversation with any boy went straight to sexsexsexsex. We ended up talking about a whole load of things, including the moment when they tried to give me career advice. After a while, however, we drew the conclusion that I probably shouldn't become a Politican or a Diplomat, despite the fact that the only thing I'm really good at is Languages and English. Our other friends joined us at lunch time, where of course, we all became extremely hyper, and in true teenage style, ended up twisting each other's words into crude sexual innuendo. I'm not going to repeat some of the things we said. Most of the time, I consider myself to be above that sort of stuff, but it was a good laugh to have, especially when my friend started waving his Tango around without the lid on, and got my other friend covered in the stuff.

After lunch, I had one final struggle through French to survive through. I have to say, I love French, so I'd most probably be described as what a lot of teenagers would say was 'keen'. As in, I'm always putting my hand up, waiting for the difficult question, getting annoyed when somebody says something I want to say, etc. I think I sort of overdid it this lesson, still fired up from the excitement at lunch - a pair of girls opposite me, one of which I used to know at secondary school and don't particularly like due to the fact that she smokes weed and drinks excessively - started bitching about me. I could hear all their wonderful comments, and turned to look at them. One of them was glaring at me. A few seconds passed before I did something which was probably quite irrational, but I don't particularly regret: I crossed my eyes and opened my mouth in a huge wide grin. That ceased the poisonous insults, let me tell you. :P I can't help but laugh a little bit about it. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right?

One final struggle to the bus stop and then home, and here I am. Lessons from today? Don't throw away somebody's bottle cap for a joke unless you want you and your friend to get completely Tango'ed.

Peace!
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment