There'll also be some other advice in my blog, such as dealing with anxiety, issues that I feel are important or may be important to you, et cetera.

I'm going to blog every day all being well!

Wednesday 26 September 2012

The rain continues...

Once again, it rained all day today, and there wasn't a single sign of a rainbow to act as a balm against the moody clouds that loomed overhead. Thankfully, I managed to find an umbrella so I didn't get too wet, but that didn't stop it from being cold and miserable. Good ol' Britain.

I started off the day with Psychology. Not much really happened - we watched a really interesting programme on Clive Wearing: the man with the seven second memory. It was both fascinating and incredibly saddening at the same time - the only person he recognises is his wife, and during the interview, he actually forgot why exactly it was he was being interviewed quite a few times. I'm definitely going to watch the rest of it at some point.

After Psychology, my friend and I headed to the Common Room where for once, our whole gang was together for all of twenty minutes. The thing about college is that people come and go all the time - if you don't have classes for the rest of the day, you go home. This means that your relationships with people are a lot less tangent than they are in a school or sixth form environment - which I kinda like, but it's great when we're all together. :) After a pretty fun breaktime I pottered off to English Language, where we were doing 'Introduction to Creative Writing'. This caused a small, sarcastic smile to settle on my face and remain there for the whole lesson. I've been writing novels and stories and goodness knows what else since the age of 5; the skill is no stranger to me. It was pretty cool to see how teachers present writing to teenagers who have probably never even put pen to paper with such a purpose before. The lesson was pretty relaxing though, and I enjoyed adding a subtle reference to Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson in one of the short stories we were asked to write.

Next up was my final lesson of Pre-U. We didn't actually end up doing any work - by the time the teacher had explained what to do, half the lesson was gone, then he handed out homework and wanted to talk to all of us who were thinking of dropping it. Of course, he tried to convince us to stay. My reasons were: I was worried about the workload; I didn't actually have time for French oral practice, which I need; I want to have time for creative outlets, such as writing and making my YouTube videos, and I wanted to keep my part time job. He did try to change my mind by telling me about a girl who submitted a portfolio of creative writing some years ago for her independent research project, but something didn't seem right to me, considering the fact that most others do 15 minute long presentations on whether giving to charity is the right thing or essays on international relations.

It poured with rain as we plodded back off to the bus stop, taking it slowly considering the fact that we had a whole hour to kill before the bus came. As the rain intensified a familiar melancholy tune suddenly drifted unconsciously from my lips - and it wasn't long before my two friends joined me: 'Summer has come and passed, the innocence can never last, wake me up when September ends...' None of us are particularly wonderful singers, so it was definitely a very monotonous drone, but I suppose we gave it good gusto. We took refuge in the Chinese takeaway for a while, and thankfully the rain stopped long enough for us to wait the last five minutes for the bus and then get on it.

Ever since then, I've been doing what I always do: homework, study, reading and now I'm going to host a small Heroes marathon for myself. Tomorrow should be a more interesting day to blog about, as I'm meeting up with some friends and we're going to see Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX, which I've never seen before. It's also Pizza Day - more shall be explained tomorrow!! I also get Friday off so that should be fun, too :)

Peace!
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment